A great friend is priceless. How can you put a value on a relationship that adds so much to your life? That friend you do life with… that friend who you know has your back and you have his or hers. You cannot put a high enough price on that.
I have been blessed with good friends. Friends I can trust. Friends that are safe. Like all things priceless, these types of friends are rare. To get one you have to be one.
With a good friend of mine leaving our church to go to another opportunity, I am reminded of the value of friendship. I have many, many friends. I only have very few that I can be completely real with. It is those friendships I treasure the most. Those rare friends help shape me into the person I am.
Are you a good friend? An invaluable friend to someone else? Here are qualities I see in this kind of friend.
- They go the extra mile when you need help.
- They always make you feel wanted.
- They tell you they have your back and mean it.
- They don’t project their negativity on you.
- They listen to you and don’t just share their own thoughts and passions.
- They accept you as you are, faults and all.
- They don’t try to one up you.
- They find humor in things and make you laugh.
- They really do pray for you.
- They are safe in that you can trust them with your deepest pains and feelings.
I pray you have at least one of these friends. I pray you are this friend to someone else.