Christi and I were driving home from Nashville and we were bored so we came up with a list of ten ways you might be a Baptist. I didn’t grow up Baptist but she did. She resonates with many of these. What about you?
YOU MIGHT BE A BAPTIST IF…
1. You think the wedding feast in the Bible is a potluck.
2. You think the front pew is reserved for the Holy Spirit because you sure aren’t sitting there.
3. You’re mad at the pastor for going past 12:00 because you couldn’t beat the Methodists to your favorite restaurant.
4. You think John the Baptist was your first member.
5. You think your pew was reserved for you for life.
6. You are scared to show any emotion while singing, lest someone might think you are charismatic.
7. You are very sure the “wine” in the Bible was unfermented grape juice.
8. Your neck tie stops an inch above your navel.
9. You think God’s presence is strongest in the back three pews.
10. You consider Sunday lunch part of the service.
In all seriousness I am honored to be a Baptist. They hold strong to the word of God and are willing to be unpopular to stand for truth.