Life without Christ is disastrous. Check your soul and you will see it is true. We all know this deep down that there is something more for us beyond ourselves and his world.
Here are ten reasons living without Jesus doesn’t work:
1. You need to be perfect to meet God’s standard and you can’t even get close by your own efforts.
We have all become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous deeds are like a polluted garment. We all fade like a leaf, and our iniquities, like the wind, take us away. Isaiah 64:6
2. You waste your whole life pursuing stuff and people that never brings you real joy and peace.
For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? Mark 8:36-37
3. You are trying to find purpose in life without ever connecting with the only one who can give you real purpose. (It is like playing chess without the king on the board.)
Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:1-2
4. Being religious in order to clean up is about as beneficial as putting perfume and nice clothes on a corpse and calling it full of life.
Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean. In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness. Matthew 23:27-28
5. Your enemy is stronger than you and can beat you down every time without divine intervention.
Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8
6. You were made to bring glory to God and you are trying to give it to someone or something else and it’s making you miserable inside.
Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth- everyone who is called by my name whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made.” Isaiah 43:6-7
7. You place all your emphasis on living it up for the 70 years or so on earth and give no emphasis or preparation for the eternity you will have left after this life.
Set your mind on things above and not on earthly things. Colossians 3:2
… yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. James 4:14
8. You are blind, unaware, ignorant and deceived and you think you can figure out your meaning on this earth on your own.
“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. John 15:5
9. You will face a terrible judgment by the most powerful judge of all time who has overwhelming proof against you and can give the most devastating punishment and you are willing to take a chance that it will all go in your favor without any real reason to believe so except that you want it to be ok.
For the wages of sin is death… Romans 6:23
Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire. Revelation 20:14-15
10. You think you are pretty good compared to most of the world when your wickedness just looks different than yours.
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23
Truth is only found in Jesus and only when we have Jesus do we really know what it is to live.
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. John 10:10